Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Nigua

In working for the victims of evil habits, instead of pointing them to the despair and ruin toward which they are hastening, turn their eyes away to Jesus. Fix them upon the glories of the heavenly. – The Ministry of Healing, pg. 62
He [Satan] casts a spell over his unsuspecting victims, charming them as the serpent charms the trembling bird. Soon they are completely in his power, and sin, disgrace, and ruin are the terrible sequel. – Christian Temperance, pg. 115
Nigua: a small, sand-dwelling insect that reproduces by injecting its egg sack into the foot of an unsuspecting human, which then grows and could eventually hatch and kill the human, if not removed.
“Dominique!” I heard my mom holler from under her mosquito net across the room. “Come here!” she called; the urgency in her voice forced my slumbering body to rise. As I stepped out from under my own mosquito net I looked at my watch, it was almost midnight.
I made my way through the dark room to the base of my mom’s bed and asked her what was wrong. “I have a Nigua in my foot, but I can’t get to it. Get a needle and pull the egg sack out” my mom commanded. I fumbled for a needle and a headlamp and was soon performing my first miniature surgery on my mom’s foot. I got the egg sack out, sterilized the needle and promptly fell asleep again on my hay mattress.
Satan takes every opportunity he can to pounce on and inject his lies into some unsuspecting victim. These lies will grow into sin if not removed, and can kill the host. But they cannot be removed by the victim; it takes the Master Physician with the needle of truth to pull out the eggs that Satan has implanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment