Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Disowned

Therefore, so far from causing grief, persecution should bring joy to the disciples of Christ, for it is an evidence that they are following in the steps of their Master. - Thought from the Mount of Blessing, pg. 30
My heart fairly broke when I heard the story. Juan Carlos and Ximena, two teens at our school in Bolivia, were notified by their parents to return home, or be disowned.
Poor kids! I had heard of this type of thing before, but now it was happening to some of my kids! I could only imagine what a very hard struggle it would be for them.
Does God want me to stay at this school? Is He telling me to leave? Does He have other plans for me? Is this just Satan working on me? Why does God allow this to happen? What is God like? Is He like my parents, so willing to disown me? These were the thoughts that must have raced through their young minds.
As soon as the morning jungle heat started to crowd in through the window every day, I would pray earnestly for these youth. Sometimes Ximena’s parents would come over and try to persuade her to come home. Ximena never gave in; she knew God wanted her at the school where she could learn more about Him.
1 Peter 2:21 says, “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:” Juan Carlos quit school under his family’s pressure. I still pray for him quite often, that God will show him that He loves His son, and that he yearns to bring him joy through the pain. “The Lord is… not willing that any should perish.” (2 Peter 3:9 KJV) God is the ultimate Father and we can trust He will never disown His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment