Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Flying on Angel's Wings

"The Lord will work for all who put their trust in Him. Precious victories will be gained by the faithful. Precious lessons will be learned. Precious experiences will be realized." - Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing, pg. 11 I had never felt so green in all my life. My mom and I were flying in an eighteen passenger plane from Guayaramerin to Santa Cruz, Bolivia. At takeoff, the pilot had wobbled down the runway. Is he drunk? Maybe he's just avoiding potholes in the runway. We made it safely off the ground, but landing in Trinadad proved to be more of a challenge. The turbulence that day was so bad that the pilot couldn't get close enough to the runway without being blown off-course. My mom started praying and singing, which uplifted me and the other few people on the airplane, but I was too sick to join her. Are we going to die here and now? No, God wouldn't have brought me all this way to let me die in a plane crash, but what if--? Am I ready? Another jolt brought me and my stomach back to reality, and I had to focus on keeping my breakfast down and my mind clam, though some deep heart searching was going on too. Some people on the plane had started screaming, which didn't help my psyche at all. By the time we got over Santa Cruz, the turbulence had subsided a little, and we landed safely. I felt like lying on the ground and kissing it. I realized that, yes, God had sent me here; He had held me up on angel's wings, and He wanted me to trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment