Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A High but Sad Sabbath

Our last Sabbath at our little church in Northport was a great one over all, I played my violin with a little 10 year old girl who says “I don’t know what I’ll do with out you for 5 months!” for Sabbath school, then I go downstairs to primary and get to hold a friends puppy for about an hour. Once again I’m playing my violin for church song service, but during announcements Mr. Meyer comes up and askes my mom and I to come up front. He then askes for everyone else to come up and surround us and bring their hymnals. They layed hands on us (the ones who could reach us) and almost everyone prayed, such sweet, caring, loving, faith building prayers they prayed. Dedicating us to God. I can still remember some of them. I don’t think there was a dry eye on any of the girls there, and even some of the guys were a little weepy. When the prayers were over we all stood and tried to see through our tears to sing the hymn “Anywhere with Jesus”, had several hugs after church and hardy handshakes wishing us safe travels, God’s speed, saying their going to miss us a lot and asking for updates. Then at a memorial service after church I did PA for the last time, going to miss that too. It is wonderful to feel loved and cared for and to know that your church family will be praying for you as you are in the mission field, I couldn’t wish for a better church family. All of your prayers are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. awwww I can just imagine how special that all was! I miss my Northport church family. Each one is so special. Praying for you dear sister!<3

    ReplyDelete